Hiya and welcome again to Fairness, ahosti’s enterprise capital-focused podcast the place we unpack the numbers behind the headlines.
That is Fairness Monday, our weekly kickoff that tracks the most recent non-public market information, talks in regards to the coming week, digs into some latest funding rounds and mulls over a bigger theme or narrative from the non-public markets. You possibly can comply with the present on Twitter right here. I additionally tweet.
At present’s present was good enjoyable to place collectively. Right here’s what we acquired to:
- World shares are as much as kick off the week. It’s an effective way to begin Monday, frankly.
- Considering broadly, the newest regulatory information from China relating to ByteDance shouldn’t be tremendous bullish for the nation’s tech business. And what the Indian authorities is doing to its personal know-how business shouldn’t be encouraging. However all of that and rigidity between the 2 international locations is not stopping offers. You possibly can’t cease offers!
- Fb bowed to stress, and launched a content material report that it had beforehand shelved.
- Zetwerk raised a $150 million Collection E. The Indian startup scene is trucking proper alongside, maybe performing a bit as if its authorities wasn’t more and more authoritarian.
- Shelf.io raised a $52.5 million Collection B in what we’re considerably contemplating a basic Tiger-led deal.
- And the SPAC growth shouldn’t be over but, with one more Virgin area firm headed for the general public markets.
Woo! And that’s the begin to the week. Hugs from right here, and we’ll chat you on Wednesday!