Howdy and welcome again to Fairness, ahosti’s enterprise capital-focused podcast the place we unpack the numbers behind the headlines.
That is Fairness Monday, our weekly kickoff that tracks the most recent personal market information, talks in regards to the coming week, digs into some current funding rounds and mulls over a bigger theme or narrative from the personal markets. You’ll be able to comply with the present on Twitter right here. I additionally tweet.
We’re heading right into a merely loopy week, so just be sure you maintain Twitter pulled up as typically as you may. Why?
- That is Y Combinator Demo Day week, which suggests a zillion startups are going to be doing their finest to make noise, stand out from their friends, and lift capital on uncapped notes sans low cost. ahosti goes to be busy as bees monitoring the accelerator cohort, and bringing our favorites to your ears and eyes.
- The Chinese language regulatory story continues, with new gaming restrictions and contemporary warnings about anti-monopoly motion coming this morning. As earlier than, the information is shifting shares. And the gaming information underscores that the Chinese language state is just not too bothered about straight undercutting its personal sector to satisfy authorities objectives.
- All that regulatory work is harming enterprise capital funding, it seems. Regardless of a rapid-fire July for Chinese language startups, August is wanting thinner from a foreign-investor perspective.
- Vietcetera has raised new capital, together with Urbanbase. In India, Ola Electrical is seeking to increase an enormous quantity of capital, we report.
- In public market information, Astra’s rocket didn’t go up excessive sufficient, so its shares are falling. And we’re heading again into an IPO cycle, so prepare.
Alright! That’s our present! Let’s get to work!